Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Voices of War<3

Throughout the course of this class i have learned a lot about the military. I have learned things that I did not even think i would ever pay attention to. The experiences during basic training, the diversity betweeen the male and female troops. I have also learned more about PTSD and just how hard it is for a soldier who is away at war, trained to be a killer, to come back and try to lead a normal life. Being assigned an interview with a veteran of your choice was an interesting project. I choose my veteran, Sergeant Juan Castillo to be part of an amazing experience, to have our interview be documented and preserved as part of history forever. Just being able to listen to my veteran and take in all of his experiences and feel as if I am part of something special. For the entire sixteen minutes, I was able to listen intently to what my veteran was saying and actually feel some of what my veteran has felt. The entire experience is one that i will never forget and the Voices of War class is also one that will be remembered.

No comments: