Tuesday, May 6, 2008

VOW

During the course of this class, I have read and learned a great deal about the military. For example, the experience of basic training, social diversity of recruits, and treatment of returning soldiers, movies and documentaries that gave greater in sight of war and military deployment, and benefits of military service. My professors Vasquez and Paulino raised interesting questions and discussions on various issues. I gained a deeper understanding of military culture and political negligence of our veterans and soldiers.

My interview experience was a first and I appreciated the experience of documenting something that is historically important, a deeply personal and valuable story of a veteran of war and service member to his country. I have personally gained a different view of a controversial year in American politics and culture that will forever be in the pages of history.

No comments: